The vWLC is up and running and it’s time to set up the first WLAN.
There is a simple list I follow and like everywhere is good preparation a way.
I go more in detail later….:
- What VLAN your WLAN should bridge to? VLAN = 33
- Get the subnet and a free IP out of this subnet for the virtual interface? 172.16.33.0/24 172.16.33.3
- Is a DHCP usable for this subnet? Yes, 172.16.33.1
- Is the air space free to transmit in the 2,4GHz or 5GHz band (site survey) = No, we use 5GHz band
- Get a minimum of 1 AP up and running
- Create a virtual interface on the WLC
- Create a virtual interface with IP 172.16.33.3, a 802.1q tag of 33 and a DHCP with the IP 172.16.33.1
- Create a WLAN with a name of our choice and refer/link it to the VI